Karla Mehlenbacher DC, DACNB, FIBFN, FABBIRFounder and Lead Clinician
Dr. Karla Mehlenbacher is a Board-Certified Chiropractic Neurologist, holistic autoimmune practitioner and founder of Take Root Brain & Body. Dr. Mehlenbacher uses Integrative Neurology and Functional Medicine to help people struggling with post-concussion syndrome, childhood developmental disorders, chronic pain and many other neurological and autoimmune conditions.
After developing an auto-immune disease as a child, and later a discovery of Lyme Disease, she was drawn to the field of holistic health and healing. Dr. Mehlenbacher received a Doctorate of Chiropractic from Parker University, Fellowships from the International Board of Functional Neurology and the American Board of Brain Injury and Rehabilitation and has degrees in human anatomy, biology and clinical neuroscience. She weaves perspectives from these disciplines to support full-body wellness. Her hope is to build a community where anyone suffering with chronic illness can seek wellness and feel supported by a wide variety of resources specific to the healing journey.
- Doctor of Chiropractic
- Board- Certified Chiropractic Neurologist
- Diplomate of the American Chiropractic Neurology Board
- The International Board of Functional Neurology
- Fellow of the American Board of Brain Injury and Rehabilitation
- Advanced Clinical Training:
- • Carrick Institute of Neuroscience and Rehabilitation: mTBI and Vestibular Rehabilitation
- • Institute for Functional Medicine
- • Medical Academy of Pediatric Special needs (MAPS)
- • International Board of Functional Neurology (IBFN): Childhood Neurodevelopmental Disorders
- • ICPA Webster Certified
- • Certified Autoimmune Paleo (AIP) Practitioner